Effective resource management is key to maximising the tech and other tools and resources you have access to. Below, we share three easy steps and an action plan to help you enact the 5 things highlighted in the graphic above and effectively maximise all have to make your vision a reality.
01. Define your objectives
In order to effectively use your resources to accomplish any goal or objective, you must be able to clearly define what those objectives are, why they are, and exactly how you will be able to make it happen. It is important, therefore, that you ask yourself key questions, starting with the following questions:
- What am I trying to create?
- Why am I trying to get this done?
- How – Of the available options, which format is best suited to help me effectively merge my what and my why?
02. Assess your resources
Once you’ve gotten clear on your goals and objectives, the next step is to do an assessment of the resources you have on hand, starting with your tech devices and other important creative tools and equipment. As you begin your assessment, consider the following questions:
- What devices do I have?
- What are the features and limitations of said devices?
- In what ways can I maximise the possibilities and work around the limitation?
PRO TIP: Time and talent are resources too and they are often overlooked. Be sure to consider them as you complete your assessment.
03. Craft a plan and work it
Finally, once you have cleared both steps one and two, it is time to begin to put actions into play and start the process of making your dreams a reality. You will need an action plan that helps you move from the big picture to smaller, manageable steps, and consistent activity. That to help you do all that, we have come up with an effective and easy to use Resource Management Action Plan and Worksheet to help you:
- Honour the big picture vision
- Take small steps toward your goal(s) and objective(s)
- Work your plan and reap the rewards
Here is the plan we came up with. Hit the download button below to get started.